Monday 25 June 2012

Davy Crockett

 My mom gave me a great idea of writing about history on my blog because I LOVE history. So I am going to do it! I won't make a day for it like Wacky Wednesdays and Faithful Fridays, I will just try to do it once a week. I will do 10 facts about it or who every time.
So today I will talk about Davy Crockett because we just rented the movie from the library and bought the full TV series on eBay.
  1. Born on August 17, 1786 in Greene County, Tennessee.
  2. Parents John Crockett and Rebecca Hawkins.
  3. Davy Crockett was of Irish, English, Scottish and French-Huguenot ancestry.
  4. On August 16, 1806, he got married to Mary (Polly) Finley in Jefferson County, Tennessee.
  5. They had 2 sons and 1 daughter. John Wesley Crockett on July 10, 1807, William Finley Crockett in 1809 and Margaret Finley Polly Crockett in 1812.
  6. Polly died in 1815 and he got remarried to widow Elizabeth Patton in 1815. They had 3 children Robert, Rebecca and Matilda.
  7. He was a political man.
  8. He decided to go fight against the Spanish at the Alamo. He went there on February 8, 1836.
  9. The final attack at the Alamo was on March 6, 1836 and they all died.
  10. Davy Crockett was 50 years old when he died at the Alamo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! They just make my day!
God bless,
Rebekah