Monday 27 January 2014

San Antonio Trip

So in November of 2013, right around the American Thanksgiving, my dad and I went to San Antonio, Texas. My dad delivers trucks all across the States and it just so happened he had one for Texas which I have always wanted to go to. It was even better because he was going to San Antonio which has the Alamo! I LOVE the history of the Alamo and some of the people who died there, like Davy Crockett. It was my first time going to the States, that I can remember that is. Here are the pictures of the trip.

The first high light of our trip was going to the Custer Battlefield Museum in Garryowen, Montana. The museum was right on Sitting Bull's camp which I found really cool! We weren't allowed to take pictures inside of the museum, but we were allowed to take pictures of the outside.
 
This is the map of the Little Bighorn Battlefield. Well I guess Sitting Bull's Camp...
 
This is a grave of one of the men in the battle. He was unknown.
 
This is a statue of Geogre Custer.
 
And this is Sitting Bull.
 
This was inside the gift shop. I just had to have a picture with these guys together!
 
Now lets jump a few days right into the first day in San Antonio, Texas. There weren't to many other interesting pictures in between Garryowen and San Antonio.

This is outside of the Alamo. It is a statue of the famous men who fought at the Alamo and their names.
 
I had to have a picture of Davy Crockett up close!
 
Yep that's me in the bright blue facing the camera. This is the front of the Alamo. Again we weren't allowed to take pictures inside the Alamo.
 
Another picture of the Alamo. I was SO excited to finally be there!
 
This is a part of the Alamo. The Alamo was 4 acres so there was a lot of pieces of it here and there.
 
This building, a library, was a part of the Alamo. We were going to go inside but we had to make a appointment first and the doors were locked. The outside was pretty though.
 
Another part of the Alamo.
 
More ruins of the Alamo.
 
We decided to just see what the River Walk in San Antonio was like the first day and then the next day we would check it out more. Because it was really cold the first day to be walking outside. But anyways this is Crockett ST. on the River Walk.
 
I think I am going to have to post the second day in San Antonio tomorrow because I don't think Blogger likes all these pictures on one post. So tomorrow come back and read about day 2!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Rebekah. It is so cool that you were able to go to places that you are so interested in and to have special time with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! They just make my day!
God bless,
Rebekah